[modeleng] Re: Full Size Steam Engines

  • From: "alanjstepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:22:14 +0100

John, for a start, what is it to drive?
That will give a reasonable guide to the power required, and secondly, what
space is available.?

There are a number of engines available, but without knowing something of
your requirements, it is hard to make suggestions.

Once the engine has been roughly decided, then is the time to move on to the
boiler.

Oh, and welcome to the list.

alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.