[modeleng] Re: internet etc,

  • From: "Peter J. Cathcart" <peter.cathcart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:18:46 +0100

Alan

For many years IDSME committee members shied away from having a presence on
the net.  The fear of exposing the club to thieves and vandals was the
normal excuse.  However it was never anything more than an excuse, in my
mind.  We are now on the net, idsme.co.uk, but still building the site and
happy to be doing so.  We now actively take pics, prepare information etc.
specifically to put on the site.  All of this is really down to the
expertise of a new member who volunteered to set the site up if others would
feed information.  It definitely needs to be a combined effort.

Peter Cathcart