[modeleng] Re: Cast Iron Coolant

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:51:04 +0100

Hi All,

I seem to remember from my long ago Apprentice days that you do not grind
Cast Iron if you are going to weld it because somehow the grind wheel causes
a change in the metal surface by putting impurities into the surface.
If you do grind off the worse of the metal to form a bevel or such, it
should then be dressed with a File to take of the affected surface.

Regards

Clif