[modeleng] Re: Capacitor value

  • From: john.burridge@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 07:26:07 +0200 (CEST)

Pierre Hi,
one link i have found for you about your 3 phase capasitor start is  http:/=
/home.att.net/%7Ewaterfront-woods/Articles/phaseconverter.htm

I have more but will take a while to sort out, also have you looked at the =
special interests books by Jim Cox on motors=20

1. Electrics in the home workshop-workshop pratice series-Book No 24 and IS=
DN 1-85486-133-6
2. Electic Motors-workshop pratice series-Book No 16 and ISDN 0-85242-914-2

Both of these book give lots of very usefull information and the books are =
very cheap,About =C2=A37.00 each

The rest of the list members i am sure will have other information but this=
 will give you a start.

Regards John Burridge

> Message Received: May 09 2006, 11:26 PM
> From: "Pierre Courbouleix" <pierre.courbouleix@xxxxxxxxxx>
> To: "LIST" <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc:=20
> Subject: [modeleng] Capacitor value
>=20
> I intend to use the following motor to drive a small machine as per a rel=
iable electrical dwg. : Three phases, 220/380 V , 50 Hz, 1370 RPM, 220 V de=
lta I =3D 2 Amps, 380 V star I =3D 1,15 Amps. How to calculate the value of=
 the capacitors to use this motor with 230 V , single phase, 30 amps (this =
is what I have available in the workshop); If one of our fellows ME has som=
e knowledge in electrical engineering he will be the right man ....