[modeleng] Re: A projects observation

  • From: Alan Stepney <alesara2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:04:32 +0000 (GMT)

I have all the sales figures from the old Reeves, when
they went into liquidation, and that shows some
suprising statistics.

I am a bit surprised at the Alchin being at the top of
the list, as it is an old design now, and trains tend
to be more popular.

Even Springbok is quite complex, and as you say, many
of them are far from being beginers locomotives.

My "favourite" for a first effort is Juliet, and way
back in the late 50's it was announced that "well
over" 1000 sets of castings for it had been sold, and
in the old Reeves lists it was still showing sales of
several dozen a year.

Alan