[modeleng] A projects observation

  • From: Harry Wade <hww@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:22:42 -0600

Today while searching out loco project information for a friend I found the
following list on the AJReeves web site which represents in order of
numbers sold their most popular projects.  1-Allchin, 2-Tich, 3-Rob Roy,
4-Stirling Single, 5-Black5, 6-Minnie, 7-Doris, 8-Princess of Wales,
9-Springbok, 10-Simplex.  I am not surprised that the Allchin is #1 and
certainly that Tich is #2.  What surprises me is that #4, # 5, and #8 are
on the list at all.  These locos are complex and demanding projects yet
apparently there are enough of them being tackled that they make the Top
Ten.  I'm impressed.

Regards,
Harry