Re: [MoAccess] voice live 2

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 06:32:47 -0400

The VL2 is gear that doesn't talk, so you must memorize menus and such, along
with working from notes. The older VoiceWorks modules are not so easy to work
from the panel, as you work most of them with two buttons and a knob. I managed
to edit on mine, but it wasn't easy. The VoiceLives have many more dedicated
controls, so editing is easier, but there is more to edit. They're way more
complicated than the VoiceWorks: triple the harmonizer/doubler voices, more
input effects, 3 aux effects units instead of 2, a separate 3 effects chain
just for guitar, several pitch correctors instead of the one in the VoiceWorks,
etc. VL2 sounds better than anything I've ever heard. You sing in to it, and
can get vocals out that sound like they've already been mixed. Is the ultimate
for live use. Great for use with a Motif. VoiceWorks isn't as powerful, but is
probably better if you're working at home, since you have your DAW to mix the
vocals, and the ViceWorks has an accessible editor. It's also about half as
much money.

Bryan