Re: [MoAccess] Motif XF, or MOXF8?

  • From: Seth Lowman <sethj57@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 15:32:47 -0800

I'm looking at getting the MOXF. Since you use it, how blind accessible is it?
Can you easily edit voices and manage files?

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 6, 2015, at 3:23 PM, D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, as one who uses both the MOXF and motif XF, if you use it for gigging,
or plan to, it depends how you plan to use it, and what little
inconveniences you are willing to put up with.
For example, the sliders the motif has are not present on the MO; you only
get the 8 knobs; you could assign the knobs for volume of 8 parts, like the
sliders, but then again, the knobs are endless encoders, with no dip in the
middle like the analog knobs found on the motif.
Also, if you use pattern mode a lot, specialy for live remix, the pattern
section buttons (a-P) are shared with the track (1-16) buttons on the MO.
You have to press the track or section button before you can select 1 or the
other. There are certain changes like these that people must be aware of.
It's not a "exact" replica of the full motif. Also, the interface and
screens are different due to the MO's small screen.

HTH, DJX