Re: [MoAccess] Get empty MIDI tracks

  • From: "Bryan Smart" <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 13:56:47 -0400

That is the best way to do it that doesn't involve a lot of work.

The real best way to do it is to save the Motif's mix setup as part of
the Sonar project. You save a blank/initialized version of the mix with
your Sonar "normal.cwt" template. That way, when you open a new project,
Sonar sets the Motif to a blank mixing setup.

If you work this way, though, you have to dump the Motif's mixing setup
back into the Sonar project each time you make a change before saving a
Sonar project.  If you don't, the next time you load the Sonar project,
all of your mixing settings will be wiped out. I've previously posted a
Sonar dump request macro that can automatically request the mix from the
Motif. Check the list archives.

John Melas's editors also have an XSSync plug in that can recall the
mixing setup of a Sonar project. That should do the same sort of thing,
and will probably be a better option for you until I get all of my
methods documented.

Bryan