[mit-ac6] Re: yan, buhay ka ulit..

  • From: hannibal <cholo7@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mit-ac6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:07:06 -0700 (PDT)

how bout namn sa compilation ng codes ng javascript? kailangan p ba nun ng
programs or files para magrun? kc sa java applet kailangan e...

 Neil Santos <ne0_akt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> [Saturday] 10/12/2002 :: 7:53 AM -- REPLY
>> Message from :: hannibal
>> Message about :: [mit-ac6] yan, buhay ka ulit..

h> buti naman ngparamdam ka na.. dami ko tatanong sayo e, ano ba
h> difference ng java applet sa javascript?

Java and JavaScript are, contrary to the obvious, different
programming languages. JavaScript is normally limited to inside
browsers (through HTML files). This restriction was broken by
Microsoft when they created and bundled the Windows Scripting Host
platform to their Windows line of operating systems.

Java, on the other hand, is a programming language that goes beyond
browsers. In a nutshell, Java is an object-oriented programming
language that's ultra portable and takes away a lot of the tedious,
but necessary complexities in programming (like garbage collection).

If it helps, think of the difference between Java and JavaScript as
the difference between Wordpad and Microsoft Word; both can be used to
create documents, but Microsoft Word offers a lot more tools and power
to the user who knows how to use them.

Or, you could think about it this way; JavaScript is your TV's remote
controller, and Java is the TV repairman. JavaScript can be used to
control some aspects of your TV set, but it can't be used to change
the more complex things, whereas a TV repairman (with the proper
knowledge) can.

Hope that helps.

-------
``... I don't suppose we shall see them again.''
-- Frodo, from `The Fellowship of the Ring', by J.R.R. Tolkien

... The name is Borg, James Borg. Vodka martini, dry. Gin is irrelevant.

faith.yahoo.com