[missbirdphotos] Re: my only July bird photo so far

  • From: Robert Smith <rsmithent@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Mississippi Bird Photos Freelists <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 20:36:08 -0400

Cool shots!  I really like the snake shot. And that sounds like reason enough
to go to Baton Rouge!!!!

Robert Smith

rsmithent@xxxxxxx

www.photobiologist.com

 Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:54:44 -0700
From: dr_frank_hensley@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [missbirdphotos] my only July bird photo so far
To: missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Insects and reptiles have been much more cooperative and abundant than birds.
Here's a Red-shouldered Hawk at Bluebonnet Swamp in Baton Rouge, along with two
other photos that I was privileged to get.  By the way, if anyone here has
reason to go to Baton Rouge, a local photographer there maintains a setup at
Bluebonnet Swamp with feeders and natural perches. There is a bench partially
screened by vegetation, but not a full blind. I'll be sure to check it again
when fall birds are passing through.
Best,
-Frank