[missbirdphotos] my only July bird photo so far

  • From: Frank Hensley <dr_frank_hensley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:54:44 -0700 (PDT)

Insects and reptiles have been much more cooperative and abundant than birds.
Here's a Red-shouldered Hawk at Bluebonnet Swamp in Baton Rouge, along with two
other photos that I was privileged to get.  By the way, if anyone here has
reason to go to Baton Rouge, a local photographer there maintains a setup at
Bluebonnet Swamp with feeders and natural perches. There is a bench partially
screened by vegetation, but not a full blind. I'll be sure to check it again
when fall birds are passing through.

Best,

-Frank