[missbirdphotos] Re: A Group Suggestion

  • From: Robert Smith <rsmithent@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Mississippi Bird Photos Freelists <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 12:14:18 -0400

Looks like folks are busy (as usual).  I think we'll just have to pick a date &
go with it.  The folks that can show up can do so, the rest can gri their teeth
in envy at the great pix and camaraderie...

And as we get going, we can plan shoots further out so that more of us can
attend.   We just need to be careful not to get dejected when only 3 or 4 folks
show up for the first shoot or two... I'll have to get back to MS to check my
calendar (& my wife's) to know when I am available... Robert

Robert Smith

336-339-3497

rsmithent@xxxxxxx

www.photobiologist.com

 Subject: [missbirdphotos] Re: A Group Suggestion
From: jcliburn@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 11:09:21 -0500
To: missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great idea.  Most Saturday or Sunday mornings and evenings are fine with me.
May 12 is the exception: I'm traveling to Portland OR that day.

Jay
Sent from my iPhone
On Apr 24, 2012, at 11:00, "Dance, Gayla" <dancegf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh, dear.  That’s graduation for us.  You know, when we sit outside with solar
panels on our heads.   gayla From: missbirdphotos-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, Apr 24, 2012 9:49 am Danny and Everyone, I love this idea!  In fact,
field trips specifically for photography were part of the original motivation
for starting this group.  I agree that schedules and distances will always be
limiting factors. It seems that several of our small group are
Jackson/Vicksburg area people, and several are coastal, so those two regions
might make sense for field trips. I know that Gayla and I are both ending our
spring semesters and thus likely to have more schedule flexibility soon. I was
going to suggest a field trip once I get through grading final exams. Perhaps a
Trace/Jackson/Vicksburg area outing would be a good start. I'd suggest
LeFleur's Bluff, or Pearl River WMA. Birding starts before sunrise but
photography certainly doesn't, so we could begin later. I also have access to
private land owned by my employer, just south of Clinton. It has 3 ponds and
some low-quality woods, but is really marginal as a bird photography site. It
does have the advantage of few other humans... One other factor is that the
Trace is closed north of Clinton which might make some roadside areas low
traffic areas right now... I'm guessing that a Saturday morning or evening
would be a good choice. Anyone up for May 12 or May 19? -Frank From:
"djohns110@xxxxxxx" <djohns110@xxxxxxx>