[missbird] Hurricane Landing-1st Yellow-rumps

  • From: Gene Knight <gsknight@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MISSBIRD <missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 10:53:32 -0500

MISSBIRDERS,

This morning after viewing the Blood Moon Eclipse I drove to Hurricane Landing to bird for a couple of hours. I had 3 flocks of migrating Gr. White-fronted Goose totally about 125 birds. The lake is falling rapidly exposing lots of mudflats but I could only find 6 species of shorebirds (Killdeer, Spotted, Gr. Yellowlegs, Least Sand., Pectoral Sand., and a lone LB Dowitcher); 5 Ring-billed Gulls; dozens of DC Cormorants and White Pelicans; and a single Bald Eagle. A single Barn Swallow flew over with a dozen A. Goldfinches not far behind. I had the FOF-Orange-crowned-1, Nashville-1, and Yellow-rumps Warblers-6. Other warblers were Blue-winged-1, Black-and-white-1, C. Yellowthroat-5, Hooded-female, N. Parula-6, Magnolia-5, Pine-3, and Black-throated Green-4. I could find no sparrows but did have 3 Indigo Buntings.

Gene Knight
Oxford, MS
IMPORTANT ADDRESSES

Post message: missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx