[mirtoolbox] Regarding pitch detection

  • From: Joshua Tay <fat_cat87@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mirtoolbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 10:50:35 +0000

Hi Oliver, I'm a student from Nanyang Technological University (Singapore)
working on a music infromation retrieval in regards to polyphonic music. I've
been exploring on some of the tools used in your MIRtoolbox for this project
that i am working on. Lately i have been exploring ways to extract pitches from
monophonic instruments, like a violin and a cello of duration clip 5 seconds.
Just a small enquire on how does the [p ac]=mirpitch(....,'Frame') works. Is it
a function that computes the peak and the autocorrelation of the signal at the
same time using these results to calculate pitches found in a musical signal?
Joshua