[mira_talk] Re: running mira3 with traceinfo.

  • From: Jeremiah Davie <jdavie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 09:24:09 -0400

Hi Walter,

What you're looking for is explained in far better detail than I can give in the MIRA manual:

http://mira-assembler.sourceforge.net/docs/chap_454_part.html#sect2_extracting_fasta_fasta_qualities_and_ncbi_traceinfo_from_sff

Read from section 3.3. to the end of section 4. I highly recommend you read the entire thing; Bastien has done a fantastic job clarifying the use and function of MIRA's awesome menu of tools. Best of luck and please write back if something is unclear! - Jeremiah

On Aug 19, 2010, at 8:58 AM, walter kiprotich wrote:

  I have fasta file and qual file for mira3 to assemble.
1. Is there a way to bulid own traceinfo file that will take care of the parameeters such as strain name and and library insert size. 2. how to i make traceinfo manually and please could someone show me which command i will type to execute this task.
    Thanks in advance.