[mira_talk] mira- assembly jobs

  • From: Visam Gültekin <teutara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:42:58 +0000

Dear All,

I am MS student from Turkey, interested in sequence assembly. I was told to
design primers out of some sff files, and got almost no help about it.
Thanks to google, i found mira and ran it and got some contigs, then designed
some primers out of them. My advisor quite like the output and the job i have
done for now, and told me if i am interested in this topic, this could be my
thesis.

While doing that job(for experts like you, it is trivial of course) i did read
mira v.2.9 manual and focused on your advices(assembly is done with latest
version of MIRA). almost every day i got some mails from this talk-list and
read most of them. But i am exactly at the beginning, mostly i do not
understand what is the issue.

I am wondering what are the basic steps of this area, what kind of instructions
to follow, etc..?
There are so many questions and most of them should be answered by my own
effort of course, but where to dig to find the treasure?

I am trying to read articles about the topic i am asking, but there are so many
gaps. One tells about north, another from south.
There might be some cookbooks, some recipes that can be followed i think.

Any help would greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance,

Best Regards
Visam GULTEKIN