[mira_talk] Re: make failed of mira 3.9.5 on mac 10.8.2

  • From: Tom Keller <kellert@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:53:32 -0700

It might be interesting to run on linux via Parallels or other VM on an OS X
machine. I wonder if it would work. That would be an option for OSX people.
Thanks,
Tom

MMI DNA Services Core
Facility<http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/research/research-cores/dna-analysis/>;
503-494-2442; Office: 5333 RJH; member of OHSU Shared
Resources<http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/research/research-cores/index.cfm>

On Oct 31, 2012, at 11:41 AM, Bastien Chevreux
<bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

On Oct 31, 2012, at 9:44 , Minxiao Wang
<wangminxiao@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:wangminxiao@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I tried to update my mira from 3.9.4 to  3.9.5, but failed when make
The last few lines were given.
I used ./configure ��enable-mirastatic. The configure process is OK. I've tried
./configure only before. During make, it gave me another error.

Did you build 3.9.4 on the same machine? Or did you upgrade the compiler in the
meantime? I've been running into similar issues lately, see
http://trac.macports.org/ticket/36719

MIRA on OSX is a big fail. I'm running into walls everywhere (not to speak of
the fact that on OSX some results are apparently completely wrong whereas the
Linux versions work flawlessly).

Actually I'm thinking of withdrawing support of OSX completely, it's simply not
worth it.