[mira_talk] how to define insert size?

  • From: AYeroslaviz <Assa.Yeroslaviz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 15:34:58 +0200

Hi every body,

I am new to mira and de-novo assembly, but I know from earlier project, that
there is always a discussion as to how the insert size is defined.

Waht does  mira calls insert size?

Is it the complete length of the two reads plus the distance between them or is
it  only for that distance?

Thanks in advance and I am sorry if it's a trivial question, but I could't find
anything in the manual or the lists.

cu,
Assa

--

Assa Yeroslaviz
Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing / Max-Planck-Institut für Biologie