[mira_talk] Re: from + len > size of contig?

  • From: Chris Hoefler <hoeflerb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 11:40:33 -0500

That's not going to work very well. What are you trying to achieve with the
hybrid assembly? Is the PacBio assembly not good enough for what you need?
Without Illumina reads, you won't be able to do much to improve it. If you
just want to order the Illumina contigs using the PacBio reference, you can
use Mauve. I'm assuming that since Mira was able to take your contigs as
reads that they aren't very long (< 20 kb)?

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 11:06 AM, Bleker, Carissa R. <blekercr@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Nope, I only have the fasta file. They are from the same strain, I'm
trying to a hybrid assembly with the PacBio and Illumina data.