[mira_talk] Re: Total consensus length is double ?

  • From: Jan van Haarst <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:46:36 +0200

Hello All,

I have converted the datasets to SFF using sff-dump from NCBI.

Like this :
sff-dump -A SRR001028 -D ena/SRR001028/

That is using the sff-dump that is in
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Traces/sra/static/sra_toolkit-1.0.0-b7-glibc.6-x86_64.tar.gz

I'll process the assembly with convert_project, and see whether I can get
numbers that look more realistic.

And I'm of course open for any suggestions.

Bye,
Jan

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 21:39, Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Freitag 09 Juli 2010 Jan van Haarst wrote:
> > I'm working on some benchmarks of assemblers[1], and one of those is
> MIRA.
> > For that purpose, I have downloaded 3 datasets [2], and put those into
> MIRA
> > after using sff_extract.
> > [...]
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> may I ask where you got the SFFs from? I only see FASTQs.
>
> B.

Dag,
Jan