[mira_talk] Strange mapping results

  • From: Lionel Guy <guy.lionel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 10:31:58 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to correct 454 homopolymer errors with solexa reads. Because
we can't directly take the mira assembly as such as a backbone (there
are some contig joining to do), we extracted the assembled consensus,
mapped the 454 reads to it, and in a second time, mapped the solexa
reads (36bp) to it.

I'm now going through all SROc and/or STMS tags, just to check the
results. It works fine for most of the cases, but I had several cases
where there are 5-10 solexa reads whose last or first base is not well
aligned (there is a gap in the rest of the reads), and the consensus is
changed by those 5-10 reads. I've attached two screenshots from my
consed window. The consensus should clearly be * (there are ~100 reads
that say so), but the 7-8 solexa reads impose a A in the consensus.

The STMS tag reads (somewhat elusively):
Solved vote:  / sxa (1) A 41  is in

Seems like a strange border effect...

Cheers,

Lionel