[mira_talk] Re: Segmentation Fault

  • From: "Becker, Scott" <Scott.Becker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 10:23:04 -0700

Yes, the exact same datasets work fine on another machine.  We compiled 3.4.0
from source (our sys admin often prefers to do this when the path might be very
different from what a software designer might expect).  We are currently
testing 3.9.5 and so far have not seen any segmentation faults (but the
assemblies are not yet complete).

Scott

From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 11:04 AM
To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [mira_talk] Re: Segmentation Fault

On Oct 24, 2012, at 19:47 , "Becker, Scott"
<Scott.Becker@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Scott.Becker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I have tried reducing the number of threads to 1, with the same error.  I have
tried two separate sets of input files, both of which assemble fine on a
different machine running MIRA 3.4.0.

Any idea where I should start looking to debug this problem?

Phewww … not really. You are saying that the same data sets are working without
a problem on another machine, right?

Is the binary from SourceForge or compiled yourself?