[mira_talk] Re: Mira...problems with memory continued

  • From: "Matthew D. Pagel" <pagel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Matthew D. Pagel" <pagel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 19:33:56 -0400

Just a brief note: I installed 3.9.17 yesterday.  Whereas 3.9.16 was doing seg
fault/core dumps, 3.9.17 instead gave tcmalloc errors that were non-fatal.  In
other words, program execution continued, swap space was used (roughly 12GB in
total) and it generated a final assembly.  In 3.9.15 I had been getting
tcmalloc errors that were fatal, although I did not use an identical data set
and parameters.

I haven't exhaustively tested 3.9.17 to see if it always handles the tcmalloc
errors gracefully in all circumstances, but I'm pleased that it ran with the
parameters that I used.

--Matt