[mira_talk] MIRA on OSX: warning

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 09:00:01 +0200

Dear all,

at the moment I cannot recommend to run MIRA on OSX, neither 3.4.x nor the
development series 3.9.x. The reason is that for some projects (bigger ones
with 454 and/or Illumina), one of the intermediate steps generates junk, which
in turn results in a completely fragmented assembly. I have no idea why and how
this happens, I just know the approximate module in MIRA. This is a very
specific problem to OSX, because the same projects run on Linux give the
expected result.

I just bought a bigger Air yesterday and hope that this will allow me to
investigate the problem.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Best,