[mira_talk] Re: MIRA / large contigs

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 22:15:34 +0200
On 14 May 2014, at 22:07 , Martin MOKREJŠ <mmokrejs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> […]
> Um, for EST projects I would propose going for 2000 only. 5kb is too much.
> Did you say 5kb is for genome assemblies only? ;-)

As Sabrina had genome assembly specified in her manifest, I based my answer on
that.

> Can one decrease the 50% threshold (for EST projects …)?

There’s no “large contig” data generated by MIRA for EST/RNASeq projects as
this make no sense at all: contigs built for genes expressed 10000x lower than
the highest expressed genes are still valid contigs (most of the time anyway).