[mira_talk] Re: Help with the Mira 3.9.16 installation with Boost library on Mac osx

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 20:08:08 +0200

On May 14, 2013, at 15:47 , Austen Chen <austen.chen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was trying to install Mira 3.9.16 on my Mac osx 10.8.3.

Please note: at the moment I cannot guarantee that MIRA will work on OSX. There
is an obscure bug which strikes under some circumstances, but I currently have
no possibility to hunt for it it seems to strike only larger projects (for
which I am lacking the necessary RAM under OSX).

To be more precise: I discourage using MIRA under OSX for anything but small
projects with a few thousand reads.

> […]
> I then added system to
> ./bootstrap.sh --with-libraries=thread,regex, system

Normally BOOST builds itself with all needed libraries. However, maybe that you
have older BOOST installed on the system, follow the advice of Sebastian.