[mira_talk] Re: Help with the Mira 3.9.16 installation with Boost library on Mac osx

  • From: Austen Chen <austen.chen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 01:01:36 +0000

I think you are right that gcc and g++ are two different versions on this
machine.:

$ gcc -dumpversion
4.8.0

$ g++ -dumpversion
4.2.1

$ which gcc
/usr/local/Cellar/gcc48/4.8.0/bin/gcc

$ which g++
/usr/bin/g++

Also when I did as suggested by Sebastian:

$ echo $CXXFLAGS
Nothing returned

I didn't know why this was happening. I have just installed the latest
version of gcc4.8,and thought it should have all the C++0x and C++11
features.
How can I fix this up? Can you please help me with this? Thanks a lot

Austen