[mira_talk] Fwd: Asking about hybrid assembly

  • From: Rafał Woycicki <rafalwoycicki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 17:03:30 +0200

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rafał Woycicki <rafalwoycicki@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 22:47:58 +0200
Subject: Asking about hybrid assembly
To: bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Bastien,

I am doing hybrid assembly using MIRA 2.9.46x1 on the plant genome (~400
Mbp) with 8x unpaired 454 Titanium, 4x paired 454 Titanium (3kbp) and BAC
ends.

The program is working now for 1 week using at most 150 GB of RAM and
(sometimes) 10 cores on IA64.

I suppose that everythink is going right cause it is putting new files in
log directory, but my question is: Do you know how more long it could take
it to finish?

It was feeded with ~ 14 Millions Titanium reads and 65000 Sanger reads.

Thank you for any thoughts.

Best regards,
Rafal

--