[mira_talk] Re: Coment About 4.9.5_2 mapping assembly

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 18:49:33 +0200
On 09 Jun 2015, at 17:07 , Mercedes Bigi <mebigi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

previously used version 4.0.2 for relizar one assembly hydride ( 454 Illumina
) with mapping but then use a newer version ( 4.9.5_2 ) using the same
parameters gave different results than expected earlier and not according to
comparisons made with other methods.

Well, small differences may be expected between versions, even in mapping
assemblies, but they should really be minor. At the moment I do not see a good
reason why there should be large differences between 4.0.2 and 4.9.x in mapping
jobs, at least I did not notice any in my data.

But if you see differences which you think are major and cannot be explained
easily, the only way to find out what really happened would be me having a look
at the data.

Best,