[mira_talk] Re: malloc error with Mira 4.9.5_2

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 22:52:20 +0200
On 08 Jun 2015, at 18:03 , Chris Hoefler <hoeflerb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does the development version of Mira require a newer version of glibc than
the stable branch, by any chance? I keep getting a malloc error when loading
solexa fastq reads during a mapping assembly. Backbone loads fine….

Whooooops … a malloc error? Strange little critter to see when the C++ code
does not contain any malloc/free, and even new/delete have become very rare.

I have no good explanation for what you are seeing, except that MIRA 4.9.x now
need at least GCC 4.9 and I installed it a couple of months ago on the virtual
machine I use to compile Linux versions … and maybe under the hood there may be
indeed requirements for newer glibc versions. But I really don’t know.

4.0.2 was compiled on the same virtual machine, but with an older GCC. The
problem is: I cannot go back as I already uplifted large parts of the code to
C++14 constructs. Bummer.

ATM I am out of ideas except “try to compile yourself” … but then again: if you
do not have GCC 4.9.x on your machine, this becomes a major hassle :-(