[mira_talk] Re: 5' trimming of partial adapters

  • From: John Nash <john.he.nash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 18:10:41 -0400

My colleague, Shaun Tyler (also on this list), tells me that with 454
sequencing, there can be concatenation of the end adaptors to make dimers. In
my hands, the second mer is often missing a base or two, and it's not removed
by the primary clipping.  sff_extract usually screams at me when that happens,
and so I re-invoke it with " --min_left_clip=16" or somesuch.

John