[minima] Re: simpler bfo switching

  • From: Sandeep Lohia <sandeeplohia12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 19:39:35 +0530

for quick reference
---------------------------

here using (see attachment) from past 6 years...
I cut traces on (first BITX, single BJT in IF chain) with hobby knife,
made it multibander.

thought, won't be able to pull single XTAL (making it unstable) so
used 2 X Xtal.

I heard diode also acts as mixers, but never experienced any problem.

I would also like to RX 40 M USB sometimes ( if U guys understands )
so manual switching, with SPST toggle switch.

when my young bro returns, I'll ask him to take a photo of old BITX
PCB ( both component side & copper side) with diode-switching.
& I'll update here.

now taking the PCB out of cabinet/enclosure.

73's Sandeep

--
http://www.lohiaelectronics.com/sandeep/mimima.htm