[minima] Re: Updated Minima construction guide, test sketches, and videos

  • From: "Mac A. Cody" <maccody@xxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 14:53:30 -0500

Thanks, Jeremy, for the complement, as well as the post on the
Amateur Radio Reddit!

73,

Mac AE5PH

On 03/21/2014 10:14 AM, Jeremy Chase wrote:
Mac,

This is an excellent contribution to the project; well done!!

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Chase
http://twitter.com/jeremychase

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 3:43 AM, Thomas Sarlandie <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>wrote:

    Mac,

    Great job. Have you considered using the Si570 library that is in
    Github to write your tests? It would be nice to use the same code
    everywhere. This way we could be sure that it is going to work
    with the final version of the code.

    thomas

    On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 12:11 AM, Mac A. Cody <maccody@xxxxxxx
    <mailto:maccody@xxxxxxx>>wrote:

        All,

        I have finally completed an update to my Minima construction
        guide and
        released it as Revision 2.  It now completely
        coversconstruction and
        testing of the Digi Board.  I have also put together several
        ZIP files
        containing Arduino sketches used to test the Digi Board.  These
        sketches are referenced in the construction guide.  I have also
        embedded a couple of YouTube videos demonstrating the sketches
        testing
        the I/O and the Si570.  Everything can be found on my Minima
        All-Band,
        SSB QRP transceiver web page located at:
        https://sites.google.com/site/ae5phradionotebook/minima_main_page

        Hopefully you will find the construction guide and sketches
        useful and
        find the videos entertaining and not too annoying.  As before,
        feedback
        for improving the construction guide and the sketches is
        welcome. I
        will be cleaning up the sketch for testing the Si570, as I
        resolve code
        issues I have discovered.

        Now, I am on to fabricating a PC board, collecting more parts, and
        starting construction of the Minima Main Board.  I will, along
        the way,
        expand the content of the construction guide with assembly and
        testing
        steps for the Main Board.  I hope to release more updates to the
        construction guide when possible.  I hope to use the Digi
        Board to assist
        in testing the Main Board, so additional sketches will be created.

        73,

        Mac AE5PH