[minima] Re: PTT and CW Key Code

  • From: Mark G0MGX <mark.g0mgx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 19:21:02 +0000

Hi Team

I have fixed my problem - I changed the resistor to the base of Q23 from 4K7 to 47K.

4K7 pulls the voltage on the Arduino pin too low so it is read by software as LOW state when it should be HIGH state; 47K still operates relay but software sees HIGH state.

Mark
G0MGX

On 29/01/2014 16:47, Mark G0MGX wrote:
Hi Team

I am seeing some problems in my tests today where I am not able to switch between TX and RX all the time - sometimes I am "stuck" in TX.

I seem to be able to fix this problem by tying the CW_Key line "HIGH" i.e. connecting it to 5V. I don't yet fully understand the code and what is happening with CW as there is a key attached in the schematic but the pin is defined as OUTPUT in the code? Also when I there is nothing connected to the processor pin 5 it is OK, but when the components around Q23 are connected the software immediately reports it is in TX.

As is so often the case - it is sometimes difficult to understand other peoples software.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Thoughts?

Mark
G0MGX (back from Stockholm)