[minima] Re: PTT and CW Key Code

  • From: Frank <w4nhj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 14:31:04 -0500

Mark,

The CW key line is shown being pulled high with a 1k resistor to 5 volts. I loaded the code into an Arduino Uno and found the same problem, but I didn't have the key line pulled high. If I touched the key line with 5 Volts it whet to receive. By the way, I don't have anything started yet, I am waiting for a PC board.

Good luck and thanks for keeping us informed as you go along.

Frank - W4NHJ

-
On 1/29/14, 11:47 AM, Mark G0MGX wrote:
Hi Team

I am seeing some problems in my tests today where I am not able to switch between TX and RX all the time - sometimes I am "stuck" in TX.

I seem to be able to fix this problem by tying the CW_Key line "HIGH" i.e. connecting it to 5V. I don't yet fully understand the code and what is happening with CW as there is a key attached in the schematic but the pin is defined as OUTPUT in the code? Also when I there is nothing connected to the processor pin 5 it is OK, but when the components around Q23 are connected the software immediately reports it is in TX.

As is so often the case - it is sometimes difficult to understand other peoples software.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Thoughts?

Mark
G0MGX (back from Stockholm)