[minima] Re: Anything special about T3's capacitor to ground?

  • From: Thomas Sarlandie <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 19:17:07 -0800

Raj,

I have removed and put back the transformer last night. Same results, then
I removed it, rewound it with a thicker magnetic wire and put it back in
place. Unless there is something wrong with my interpretation of the
schema, I think it should be ok. How can I test it?

Right now, I have a 20.004 Mhz signal on both diodes on the transformer
side with 430 mV p-p. That is my BFO frequency so I can safely assume that
the BFO couples in the two secondary windings. Correct?

On the other side (rf pre-amp output) of the diodes, I can see a 20.000 Mhz
signal with 420mV p-p. That is my 30mhz (vfo) - 10mhz.

On the output where the two secondary windings connect and there is this
capacitor to ground, there is not much signal. Nothing I can distinguish,
nothing that looks like my 5 kHz I should be getting there.

Question: Do the three dots on the transformer have any special meaning?
The other transformers do not have those dots. I know they are supposed to
indicate where to put the core but I just wound t3 like I did t1 and t2.
Was that incorrect?

thanks!
thomas