[minima] Re: 1 Plus: Adding a keypad

  • From: Bob Mix <Bob.Mix@xxxxxxx>
  • To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 19:15:48 -0800

Finding people and getting them to actively participate is difficult.
Jose works weekends and his Minima is basically done.
I asked him to send photos, but he has not done so.

I spent time on the FCC website and learned how to update my address.
Then I ordered a duplicate of my license, and it came in the mail 3 days later.
So, I can prove I am licensed now.
Bob

On 11/30/2014 3:58 PM, Ed LeBel wrote:
There are a lot of guys making Minimas that might like to attend meetings.
We should tap them to boost membership.
It's rare when everyone is doing the same thing and we should take advantage of it. When you start to run out of program memory the button driver can be wiped out for normal buttons.
I'm at the end of my frequency counter memory so had to take features out.
The analog buttons might be next.

Ed

Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 12:37:31 -0800
From: Bob.Mix@xxxxxxx
To: minima@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [minima] Re: 1 Plus: Adding a keypad

Thanks for advertising BARC. Plus, there must be lots of guys that have a need for your combo MIC and controller.
Bob

On 11/29/2014 10:00 PM, Ed LeBel wrote:

    Saw ya talking about an analog keypad.
    I use this all the time on almost all my projects.
    The schematic is ExpressPCB.
    I also make my own connectors (see pic).
    The code snippets are from my Minima project.
    I'm writing my own firmware with Great Cow Basic.
    I made a mic with 5 buttons + PTT.
    No controls will be on the radio, only a display, all control is
    from the mic.
    Using digital pots for volume and mic gain.
    Recommend attending Bay Area Radio Builders meetings 2nd Sunday
    3:00 Panera Bread  on Stevens Creek.
    A bunch of us are making Minimas.

    Ed