[milestone311] AFB review

  • From: Troy Hergert <t.hergert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: milestone311@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:19:52 -0500

I just came across the AFB Access World product reivew on the
Milestone.  Very nice.

The article indicated that Daisy  features were about to be released
at the time of that article.  Is there any update on the release of
those features?

Also, if supporting Windows media files is in the works, please
strongly consider supporting Digital rights management that NLS will
be using.  Public Libraries for the Blind like the one in Wisconsin
are using Over drive for downloading of audio books.  These are also
restricted to DRM.

I could easily see Milestone becoming the one all device that our
clients and instructors are looking for if it get's Daisy and Windows
Media DRM support.

Our students and clients are forced to learn and carry a bunch
of  devices like tape recorders, Radio shack digital voice recorders,
a plex talk or Victor reader, braille note and usb drives.

The main goal for our students is to be able to record personal
notes, lectures, read text books from RFB&D or NLS and carry files on
a usb drive.

Milestone is very close to becoming the one thing that could replace
many other devices.

Troy Hergert
Badger Association of the Blind and Visually Impaired
414-615-0122