[MikesWhatsNews] MWN #506

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mikeswhatsnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 17:38:08 -0700

MikesWhatsNews, 03, 05, 2002
in today's issue #506
PeopleCards.net :::: The Official People Trading Card
How Internet Infrastructure Works
The Spyware Infested Software List
jv16 PowerTools
The Magic Tomato
Tina's FrontPage Tips
CCC   A Simple Diary
         StaySafeOnLine

PeopleCards.net :::: The Official People Trading Card
http://www.peoplecards.net/
The World's First Celebrity-Free Trading Card

PeopleCards are a new line of hilarious collectible trading cards that
feature real people from across the globe in all their glory.
These cards are not some made-up form of "reality entertainment"
these guys are real...in someways, people may not even share this
much about themselves with close friends. We asked everyone a
whole bunch of funny, odd, and plain old cool questions about their
lives, likes and experiences.
++

How Internet Infrastructure Works
  http://www.howstuffworks.com/internet-infrastructure.htm
  Ever wonder how the Internet works and how Web pages, e-mail and
  music move to and from your computer? Learn all about this
  amazing global network.
From; How Stuff Works
http://www.howstuffworks.com

The Spyware Infested Software List
http://www.fcenter.ru/Software/Miscellaneous/Spyware/spywarelist.txt

here are just a few;
The Spyware Infested Software List  *
* http://www.infoforce.qc.ca/spyware   *
* By Gilles & Yves Lalonde             *
* http://www.infoforce.qc.ca           *
* Users of The List must read and      *
* accept the license and disclaimer of *
* warranty included with this file.    *
* The List is released as FREEWARE.    *
* The List is owned and copyrighted by *
* InfoForce enr. Your license confers  *
* no title or ownership to The List    *
* and should not be construed as a     *
* sale of any right to The List.       *

 Software name , Version , Supplier , Web Site , spyware , Name of DownLoad=
 , Status

!Glance,  ,  , blacksoftware.bizland.com, Web3000,  , Suspect
 1 Click WebSlideShow,  ,  ,  , Radiate,  , Suspect
 100 Proof Cocktail Planner,  ,  , www.drinks101.com, Web3000,  , Suspect
 100% Word Search Free,  ,  ,  , Conducent,  , Suspect
 123Search, > 1.0,  ,  , Radiate,  , Confirmed
 123Search,  ,  ,  , Conducent,  , Suspect
 123Search, 2,  ,  , Conducent,  , Suspect
 15 Puzzle, 2.1,  ,  , Radiate,  , Suspect
 1st Contact,  ,  , www.jsoftconsulting.com, Web3000,  , Suspect
 20/20,  ,  ,  , Radiate,  , Suspect
 2Minute Warning,  ,  ,  , Conducent,  , Suspect
 3D Anarchy,  ,  ,  , Radiate,  , Confirmed
 3D Frog Man Demo,  ,  ,  , Conducent,  , Suspect
 3D Maze Man Demo,  ,  ,  , Conducent,  , Suspect
 3D Morris,  , Cydoor, www.cydoor-download.com, Cydoor, 000013DMorris.exe,=
 Confirmed
 3D-FTP, 3.0,  ,  , Radiate,  , Confirmed
 3rd Block, 2.0,  ,  , Radiate,  , Confirmed
 3S Accounting,  ,  ,  , Radiate,  , Suspect
 3SI Accounting & Inventory Management (Demo), 2.0,  ,  , Radiate,  ,=
 Suspect
 5star Free Lines, 1.2,  ,  , Radiate,  , Suspect
 7Way, 0.15,  ,  , Radiate,  , Suspect
 Aaron's Webvacuum, 0.6 +, Surfware, surfware.bizland.com, Radiate,  ,=
 Confirmed
 Abe's FTP Client,  ,  ,  , Radiate,  , Confirmed
 Abe's Image Viewer,  ,  ,  , Radiate,  , Confirmed
 Abe's MP3 Finder, 4.0,  ,  , Radiate,  , Confirmed
++ There is more on the web site.

jv16 PowerTools  ~ free
http://www.jv16.org/
Win98, 98SE, ME, 2000, XP, NT4
Is a full set of tools to keep your computer and your LAN up and running.

jv16 PowerTools basically has the Tools to control your computer.
Until now your computer might have been the one who was in charge,
but with jv16 PowerTools you can take control.
The program contains all the tools that you need for monitoring,
cleaning and controlling the registry, file system and your Local
Area Network.

Key features
The Registry Tool
-Clean the Windows' Add/Remove software list.
-Uninstall software
-Scan the registry for invalid and obsolete registry entries
-Remove leftover registry entries
-Control which program starts automatically with the computer.
-Access the registry of a remote computer

The File Tool
-Search for zero-length files
-Search for duplicate files
-Search for Temp files
-Search for Invalid shortcuts
-Search from your local computer or from remote computers.

The LAN tool
-Run Programs on remote computers
-Send messages
-Chat
-Control remote computers (Shut down, reboot, log off etc.)
-Remote task manager

jv16 PowerTools also supports scripting, user accounts with
custom user rights and the program even has a multi-lingual
user interface.
++

The Magic Tomato ~ free
Remember the Magic 8 Ball where you asked it a question and then
turned it upside down for the answer?  Here's Camtech's version of it
called The Magic Tomato.
Ask it any question and the Tomato dances around and gives you
 the answer.  Fun for all ages.

From; Camtech 2000

Tina's FrontPage Tips, by Tina Clarke

Specify fonts

To specify ideal viewing fonts, view the page in HTML.
Select the text you want to view and choose the font (such
as Arial) then position the cursor to the right of the font
name that has just appeared. You add extra fonts simply by
typing them in, separated by a comma. Or you can select the
text you wish to add extra font=92s too, then right click
choose Font and insert the extra fonts inserting a comma
between each, press ok.

AccessFP - FrontPage Resource Centre
Site -  http://www.accessfp.net/
Ezine & Forums - http://anyfrontpage.com/  FREE FP E-Books

Christies Computer Corner thanks to Christy;
<1stPicksoftware-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>

A Simple Diary
http://www.webbedfeetuk.com/diary/
Windows '95, '98, '98 SE, ME, 2000, NT & XP.
Freeware

A Simple Diary is more then the name implies.
It is small but powerful. It has interesting features and
options.  A Simple Diary has an easy-to-navigate month-to-month
calendar. There is also has a to-do list and personal message
alarm. You specify the number of times it sounds. A clean up
function can delete all entries before the current date.  This is
a great way to keep an electronic diary.

~~~~~~~

StaySafeOnLine
Use this simple on line test to see if you are practicing safe
computer useage.
http://www.staysafeonline.info/selftest.adp

Was this forwarded to you ?
Get your own subscription here:
<1stpickPCtips-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>

Antivirus software is a good choice to scan your system for possible
viruses, however no virus scanner is 100% effective as manufactures
cannot keep up with the rapid change of viruses that happens daily.
Be sure to update yours regularly.
http://www.hackfix.org/software/antivirus.html

Please feel free, to offer constructive criticism, as that will help me=
 keep
it interesting.
I also welcome any submissions about new products, web pages, or
articles of interest.

All submissions posted in the newsletter will be given proper credit.
"MikesWhatsNews" believes in giving credit where credit is due but at
times deadlines and information that is very important to readers we
accidentally misspost an item.
If you believe something to be miscredited, or you know the author of
one of the articles which we have posted as 'unknown', please do let us
know so we can correct the information where applicable.

Many times in a article you may see a click here for more information,
or to go to a link, these often will not work, as the original information,
was taken from a page with HTML links.
This is when you will want to go to the webpage indicated in the article,
++ ,for 'the rest of the story'
***MfM*** indicates that I am adding my own information to a
                  particular article.
Mike ~It's a good day if I learned something new.
<mikeswhatsnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=3Dsubscribe>
You can read a sample of my newsletter on my web page
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/
My virus pages http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
mytech@xxxxxxxxxxx

~*~*~*~*~
Was this forwarded to you? Want to subscribe? Send an email
to mikeswhatsnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info mikeswhatsnews" without
the quotes.

If you wish to unsubscribe from our list send an email to
mikeswhatsnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe

mikeswhatsnews-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
~*~*~*~*~