[methmins] Re Preaching and Worship Leading

  • From: "NEIL BISHOP" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("neil144")
  • To: methmins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 17:50:17 +0100 (BST)

I was at an Anglican service this morning where the minister felt she had enhanced worship simply by repeating what we had been told in the scripture reading and reminding us how wonderful it was. She said it several times to make sure she had spoken for ten minutes. Sadly I have heard Methodist ministers do the same and unfortunately in this and other instances the scripture passage did need some exposition to unpack its meaning for today.
Neil Bishop