[methmins] Re: Methodist Recorder

  • From: "DAVID MONKTON" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("david.monkton")
  • To: methmins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 15:03:23 +0100 (BST)

My involvement with the Methodist Recorder has taken place in many different places where I have been a presbyter and at many different levels of church life.At its best it is an extremely important way of reminding us that we belong to each other.
One of the difficulties however is that the Recorder also has to represent those who do not want to see the changes in outlook that continually need to take place for real progress to be made.
We have to keep a sense of 'togetherness' in the Holy Spirit.with the contrasting diversity of gifts-some providing stability, others making us unsettled in order to move and grow. This always had to be so.I agree with Tony that there have been some helpful articles in recent weeks.which have been stimulated by the many problems created by Covid and the rapid changes in society by ever increasing digitilisation and distressing changing world situations

One of the adapted prayers of St.Augustine on the 'meaning of grace' reads 'By your grace we discover that what we think is ours is alien to us, and what we think is alien is ours.'
My hope is that The Methodist Recorder will continue to provide articles of real value with a true sense of ecumenicity giving stimuli to both readers and writers..