[meridianowners] Welcome, meridianowners beta-testers! :-)

  • From: Ron Webb <ronwebb3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meridianowners@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 23:08:38 -0400

Hi folks,

First, thanks to everyone who has joined this list so far.  At present there are only about a dozen members, so this is more like a "beta test".  I haven't made a strong effort to recruit others, hoping that it would grow virally.

Please mention the list to your fellow Meridian neighbours, and if they haven't joined yet, please invite them.  You can forward this message to them, and they can click on this link for more information and instructions:
https://www.freelists.org/webpage/meridianowners

I was recently asked, why an email listserv instead of using Facebook or Google Groups?  Well, we certainly could use either of those, and if anyone wants to try it, please do.  But the advantages of a listserv are simplicity and universality.  Not everyone uses Facebook or Google Groups, or wants to join; whereas just about everyone has an email address, and knows how to use it.

As for exactly what we'll use this list for -- well, that's up to us.  What do you think?

Go ahead, give it a try!   To send an email to everyone on the list, address it to:
meridianowners@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:meridianowners@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>