[meetyeti] MSc (Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology) - IBAB Bengaluru

  • From: YETI <meet.yeti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meetyeti <meetyeti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 10:43:58 +0530

Please respond directly to the post.

For YETI
Vishnupriya

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gayatri Saberwal <gayatri@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:36 AM
To: YETI <meet.yeti@xxxxxxxxx>Hello,

I am writing to advertise our MSc (in Bioinformatics and Applied
Biotechnology) programme (at IBAB in Bengaluru).

Our programme is novel in the Indian context but we feel is not widely
known. Each year we get roughly 10 applications for each seat, but we would
like to increase the numbers further.

We take students from any S&T background – ranging from ecology or botany,
for instance, to civil engineering. They do equally well, based solely on
the interest and efforts of the concerned student and we facilitate
students in whichever direction they wish to go. I remember a student from
Ruia College, Mumbai, who had a biology background who has now done his PhD
in computational biology in Zurich and published in Nature. Last year we
had a student from Uttaranchal who got into Cambridge University with a
full scholarship. Most of our students prefer to go to industry, and we put
up the placement of each student on our website (
http://www.ibab.ac.in/index.php/placements/).

Also, we do have scholarships for those in need. We have had students from
extremely impoverished backgrounds who are doing very well today, after
going through our programme on a scholarship.

Admission details are available at
http://www.ibab.ac.in/index.php/admission-procedure/ and our admissions'
poster is available at
http://www.ibab.ac.in/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/IBAB_POSTER_2015.jpg.

We would be more than happy to answer any queries received at
msc2015@xxxxxxxxxx.

Looking forward to applicants from this mailing list!

--
Young Ecologists Talk and Interact (YETI) http://www.meetyeti.in/