[meetyeti] Fwd: Sub: Requisition for the announcement of a public awareness program “Seize Your Power | WWF’s global campaign on Renewable Energy”

  • From: YETI <meet.yeti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meetyeti <meetyeti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 15:47:33 +0530

Might be of interest.

For YETI,
Vishnnupriya

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pallavi.Sreenivasa - <greenplanet29@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Subject: Fwd: Sub: Requisition for the announcement of a public
awareness program “Seize Your Power | WWF’s global campaign on
Renewable Energy”
To: Young Ecologists Talk & Interact YETI <meet.yeti@xxxxxxxxx>

WWF’s Seize Your Power is a yearlong global campaign launched on 5th
June 2013. The campaign calls on financial institutions and
governments worldwide to invest money in renewable energy projects and
phase out dependence on fossil fuel based power, while also building
public support and acceptance for renewable energy amongst the masses.

In India, we will focus efforts towards running a strong public
campaign at the national level to raise awareness about renewable
energy and encourage a shift amongst individuals, organizations and
institutions to adopt renewable energy solutions into their homes,
businesses and office running. India has tremendous potential for
renewable energy for governments to invest in it, and also for
individuals and institutions to adopt such solutions for their
everyday energy needs. However, there is a lack of awareness amongst
the masses towards this, and uptake of RE solutions is slow. Through
this campaign, we wish to simplify the message of renewable energy,
address the myths and false beliefs attached to it, and demonstrate
its practicality and ease of adoption, to ensure a shift in people’s
perception towards it.

In this regard, we are organizing a two day fair on Renewable Energy
on 21st and 22nd of October 2013 at Basava bhavan,

we are organizing a
 painting competition and exhibition for school children of the age
group between 9yrs to 11yrs.
those interested to participate can contact the below given address.

With your support, we hope to run a successful campaign on renewable
energy in Bangalore.

Warm regards,

Pallavi S.
Education cum Project Officer