[meepo] Shorecon 2003

  • From: "Edward Rishel" <erishel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Savage Sword of Meepo (E-mail)" <meepo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:13:06 -0400

I called Rob over at Gamer's Realm yesterday and got confirmation about =
my Shorecon 2003 ticket.  There was a burp in the system and he signed =
onto the web page and fixed it for me.=20

I guess you could say he is the guy behind Shorecon 2003 and I took the =
chance to ask him some questions about the con:

They are going to a totally online format for registration and keeping =
track of events because it saves a load of cash in printing costs (they =
took a bath over 2001 because it happened like one week after 9-11).  =
Also, events will be kept up to date rather than having the mismatches =
between what was in the program book printed one month before the =
convention and the actual convention.  Supposedly a lot of conventions =
are going the online route.

The reason they are switching hotels is because the Cherry Hill Hilton =
was doubling its price while at the same time calling Shorecon valued =
customers.

Check out their web page:

http://www.gameconventions.com

Ed