[meepo] Re: 3.5 purchase plans

  • From: Joe Leven <arctos_magi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meepo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 06:32:52 -0700 (PDT)

I ordered mine from Showcase comics. it's near Villanova college.
Albright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:I pre-ordered mine from Talon Comics. Not as
cheap as Walmart, but I expect
more reliability from him. I paid extra to get them over-nighted, so I'm
hoping to have them on 7/14 (since he expects to get them on 7/11). If I'm
really lucky, I'll get them on 7/11, instead, but I'm not expecting that.
Walmart has already started changing folks orders to 'processing' or such
similar nonsense. I expect Amazon to do the same. If I didn't care how
long it took to get them, I'd do that, but my desire for speedy
gratification means I do otherwise.

And as for our 'local supply', I expect to walk into the Strat sometime soon
and ask about the new edition and hear, "Huh? There's a new edition?". Who
knows if the WOTC store will carry any, or if they'll even still be in
business. Karen asked the other day, and they will no longer carry Dungeon
or Dragon magazines. (?!?)

C'est la vie.