[meepo] Re: 3.5 purchase plans

  • From: dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meepo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 09:34:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 Albright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I pre-ordered mine from Talon Comics.  Not as cheap as Walmart, but I expect
> more reliability from him.  I paid extra to get them over-nighted, so I'm
> hoping to have them on 7/14 (since he expects to get them on 7/11).  If I'm
> really lucky, I'll get them on 7/11, instead, but I'm not expecting that.
> Walmart has already started changing folks orders to 'processing' or such
> similar nonsense.  I expect Amazon to do the same.  If I didn't care how
> long it took to get them, I'd do that, but my desire for speedy
> gratification means I do otherwise.
> And as for our 'local supply', I expect to walk into the Strat sometime soon
> and ask about the new edition and hear, "Huh?  There's a new edition?".  Who
> knows if the WOTC store will carry any, or if they'll even still be in
> business.  Karen asked the other day, and they will no longer carry Dungeon
> or Dragon magazines. (?!?)
> C'est la vie.

Given our money situation, I'm undecided as to what to do about the books.
I've targetted one or two hobby shops and will call them occasionally to
check on release.  More than likely, I'll get the PHB, but skip the others
for the time being.

One hobby shop is Brave New Worlds in Jenkintown.  They knew about the new
edition, and that it'd be available for release mid-to-late July.
Compared to the Strat, I was quite impressed.

The other one is the comic shop where I got the ELH.

dylan                I say we call Matlock.  He'll find the culprit.
John D. Murray       It's probably that evil Gavin MacLeod or George
Philadelphia, PA     "Goober" Lindsay.
dylan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                     - A. Simpson