[meego-fi] Requesting help with a small scripting task for Summit preparations

  • From: Topi Santakivi <topi.santakivi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: meego-network-fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 13:13:20 +0300

Hi.

The summit is coming in < 2 weeks from. We'll be offering
a developer USB stick containing tools, MeeGo images
and additional information to all attendants.

There are 350 USB sticks coming by mail, and we'll have
to copy the content to the sticks semi-manually, using 2
10-port USB hubs.

To help with that task, there's a need for a bit scripting.

Here's what's needed:

1. Create a udev rule saying
"When a USB stick is attached to the hub, copy loads of
data into it"

2. Copying part with an one-liner command or a script.

udev info for the hub:
http://piratepad.net/1qAl8xTFxr

A great guide on udev rules:
http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html