[mediaaddict] LATEST NEWS MACROMEDIA MERGES WITH ALLAIRE

  • From: MediaADDICT <mediaaddict@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mediaaddict@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:49:39 -0800 (PST)

Just Announced Today folks:
Macromedia and Allaire Will Merge,

Cheers ,
MEDIAADDICT

Here's their press release
On January 16, 2001, Macromedia and Allaire signed a
definitive agreement to merge. Together, we will deliver
a comprehensive product family of tools and servers that
will enable customers to efficiently author both the look
of a Web site and the application logic behind it. The
combined company, known as Macromedia, will focus on
delivering world-class software for the Web professional.

By bringing the Allaire family of server and application
development products together with Macromedia's strength
in visual and multimedia authoring, we will make the
development of dynamic content more efficient, affordable,
and accessible to millions of customers like you. As a
merged company, Macromedia remains committed to supporting
open standards and leading technologies.

Moving forward, our products will enable authors to create
content and applications that work across a variety of
platforms and across multiple devices.

Many of you have already experienced the benefits of the
companies' existing strategic relationship, which ranges
from:

   *  The full copy of Allaire HomeSite (included with the
         Windows version of Macromedia Dreamweaver and
         Dreamweaver UltraDev), to

   *  The upcoming Harpoon initiative (linking Macromedia
        Flash with Allaire's ColdFusion Web application
        server), to

   *  The visual authoring for Allaire ColdFusion and JRun
        Web application servers enabled by Dreamweaver
        UltraDev.

The customer benefits will only improve with the enhanced
product integration that will occur as our product teams
begin to work together.

The deal is expected to close (pending shareholder and
regulatory approval) within 90 days. Until then, to
purchase products or upgrades, or for support or customer
service, please continue to contact each company with the
confidence that you will receive the same high-quality
products and exceptional level of support you have come to
expect from Macromedia and Allaire.

For more about the merger, see the press release at:
http://www.allaire.com/macromedia.

http://www.macromedia.com/go/merge

- Online, searchable archives of your list are available at
http://freelists.dhs.org/archives/mediaaddict

- Tell your friends to subscribe to our list by sending email to
mediaaddict-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject
field.

- You can unsubscribe from our list by sending email to
mediaaddict-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the
Subject
field OR by logging into the Web interface.